Go to Home Page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- what is the WOODLAND casket made from?
- this eco-friendly casket is beautifully crafted from solid pine wood, which is sourced from sustainable forests and which are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. It is sanded to a cabinet finish, which brings out the natural wood colour. No plastic/PVC fixings and fittings of any description are used in the manufacture and assembly process, and only biodegradable, non-toxic glue is used; no stains, varnishes, oils, or animal products of any kind are used.
- is it fully biodegradable?
- yes, not only is the pine wood biodegradable, the rope handles and the glue are also biodegradable. The screws may be removed once the glue has set.
- can I paint it?
- yes, since it is sanded to a cabinet finish in the factory, painting and decorating can proceed immediately.
- is it suitable for Orthodox Jewish burials?
- yes, it is in full compliance with Jewish tradition.
- don't worry about the screws since they are removed once the glue has set.
- furthermore, certain manufacturing runs are labelled "Jewish", none of which are carried out on the Sabbath.
- if I am not Jewish, why would I want one?
- the WOODLAND is perfect for those people who do not want the pomp and ceremony of a formal burial; for those people who want the choice of just having a simple cremation or a simple woodland burial at a "green cemetery" or a burial at home.
- where can I get information about diy burials?
- scroll to the bottom of this page and you will find some hypertex links to informative organisations that will assist you.
- how is it shipped to me?
- it is shipped in knock-down form, in a corrugated cardboard box; the packaging is designed to withstand dampness and rough handling.
- where is it best to store until I need it?
- Since it is only 3" high and weighs just 84lb, it can be stored in so many places especially since the packaging is designed to withstand dampness.
- what body-weight can it carry?
- it has been tested up to 400lb using sandbags in the factory with no ill-effects - remember, to achieve this, the glueing must been done correctly in accordance with the assembly instructions.
- how is it sent to me?
- the WOODLAND is shipped to you in knock-down form, packed in a strong corrugated cardboard box in order to withstand dampness and rough handling.
- how big is the boxed casket?
- to give you an idea of the size, the outside dimensions of our boxed Regular model is: 6' 2" x 2' 2" x 3".
- how heavy is it?
- our Regular model weighs 84lb, the Large 95lb and the Extra Large 114lb.
- how do I assemble it?
- it is easy to assemble - no woodworking expertise is necessary and, apart from a screwdriver, no tools are required; easy to follow pictorial assembly instructions are supplied and are also available for inspection and downloading on this website.
- can I preview the assembly instructions?
- yes - click on the following hypertext link:
- what does it comprise?
- the WOODLAND knock-down components are: 2 side panels, 2 end pieces, a floor panel, the lid and 6 natural rope handles.
- is there a choice of sizes?
- how do I know what size casket to order.?
- add 2" to the length/height of the person that it is intended. The total gives you the minimum length of the casket you require.
- what do the caskets cost?
- the ex-warehouse cost of all models is $431.
- what does shipping cost?
- ground shipping charges to any mainland US address (excluding Alaska), is free.
- how long does shipping take?
- ground shipping takes between 1 and 6 business days depending upon the delivery address.
- is next day shipping available?
- yes - contact us for rates.
- what payment method do you accept?
- the only payment method is by credit card on the website.
- how do I get one?
- click on the following hypertext link:
- where are the hypertext links to other helpful sites as mentioned above?
Kent Casket Industries Inc
545 Eighth Avenue, Suite 401
New York, NY 10018
Last Update: August 4, 2016
Return to Home Page.